Saturday, April 7, 2012

Arkansas Shootin

Arkansas. Shooting at the outdoor public range today with my dad and my husband. Watching the men agonize over every shot fired - every tick of the gun - every nuance of the wind. There's a grandfather out here with his two grandsons - the older shooting a shotgun, the younger shooting a 22. When I shot mine I heard one boy say "look! The girl's going to shoot!" then I watched when I was done as he sauntered out to "check" my target. They sure seemed to like me after that. The grandfather told us the younger boy is autistic. Sure can't tell it as he responds well to the constant set of instructions and stimulus his grand father gives him as the beautiful country day draws on. Seeing as these boys are being taught VERY good safety lessons - constantly streaming from their grandfather (and us). Tell me again why guns should be banned. This seems WAY healthier than putting a video game controller in there hands, buying a war shooter like Call of Duty, and walking away as they learn "shooting" lessons from strangers online... Hmmmmm. Yeah. Makes ya think.

No comments:

Post a Comment